[office] Tips on Internet and note-taking
Coping with Internet attention ripping
Whether you have high rational control or not, Internet distraction is still a state of the mind. This week, I implemented a new policy that proved to be effective.
I used this nice blocksite extension or Firefox. It shuts out my nervous energy for mind wandering and focuses my energy on my complex work at hand.
I blocked out forums and news.
I have been using a new noting system for a while. It works well.
– I use paper books to note down ideas and plan according to the complexity of the subject. Not software.
– A tag-based system on the margin of the book to separate topics e.g. [ideas] for ideas. [tech] for technology [E] for English etc
– When I notch out my notes, I may put them to archive on software.
– Another method is to attach the notes to the material itself. Easy to check.
– Use in combination with highlighters, personal marks
– Good for the eyes. No online dependency.
How do you manage your notes?